As we celebrate our Diamond Anniversary this year, 75 YEARS of Uniting Ventura County, I am so proud of how your local United Way has responded throughout the COVID-19 pandemic thanks to the continued generosity of our community. Below is a snapshot of what we have been able to accomplish.
- Temporarily housed and provided daily meals for 45 veterans and 20 family members in local motels since April
- Transitioned six of these veteran households to permanent housing and a total of 33 households have been permanently housed since our Landlord Engagement Program launched in December 2019
- Deployed 2,000 homeless care kits through the County of Ventura’s backpack medicine team
- Mobilized volunteers from all generations to address the needs of essential services in the community
- Granted 12 Educational Awards of $2,000 per recipient to graduating single mothers from Moorpark College, Oxnard College and Ventura College to assist them with their higher education
- Provided 1,560 homeless students backpacks filled with supplies ahead of the school year to prepare them both academically and emotionally
We are proud of our collective impact, and there is so much more to do. We cannot do it alone. The caring power of the community is essential to all our success. We are very grateful to some of our donors who have increased their annual gift and donated early. If you are feeling solid financially and are compelled to give more, please consider doing so today by increasing your annual gift to our Community Impact Fund. We need you now more than ever before. Your gift helps sustain our work and makes a real difference in the lives of your neighbors. Live heroic and give generously today.
President & CEO