United Way of Ventura County’s Stuff the Bus seeks to provide essential school supplies to local students in need. Stuff the Bus will kick off on United Way’s Day of Action- Friday June 21st and will run until Thursday, July 18th. Your support not only provides essential school supplies, but also promotes learning, building self-esteem, and ensuring that our youth stay in school.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
1. Donate backpacks and/or school supplies! Donations may be purchased online at https://www.roonga.com/uwvc2019stuffthebus or you can drop off supplies at many local collection sites.
LOCATIONS TO DONATE NEW SCHOOL SUPPLIES
- Bank of America
- Big Brand Tires & Service
- CBC Federal Credit Union
- City of Simi Valley
- Coldwell Banker Quality Properties – Moorpark
- E.P. Foster Library
- Hill Road Library
- Montecito Bank & Trust
- Moorpark Library
- Ocean Honda
- Pacific Western Bank
- Premier America Credit Union – Simi Town Center Way
- R. D. Preuter Library in Port Hueneme
- Simi Valley Ford
- Simi Valley Library
- Studio Movie Grill
- Topa Towers
2. Host a public collection site at your workplace, church or community organization. The United Way of Ventura County will provide a pop-up bus display, collection box and other collateral for promotion.
3. In-House Collection Drive- If you would like to host an in-house Stuff the Bus collection drive, please click on the button below.
Become a Sponsor
You or your company can become a sponsor through monetary or an in-kind donation of more than $500.00. As a sponsor, you would have the opportunity to:
Place promotional materials in each backpack
Have a tailored sponsorship post on our social media accounts and e-newsletter
Be featured as a top sponsor on our website and on motivational flyers to be distributed to each recipient
Application for Recipient Agencies
If you are a representative of an organization and would like to apply to receive backpacks for your clients, you must complete a recipient agency application. Applications open on Monday, June 10th and must be received by Monday, July 1st, 2019. Please click the button below to begin our online application.
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS WHO ARE HOSTING DRIVES WITH THEIR OWN COMMUNITIES
- Gold Coast Health Plan
- Meathead Movers
- Procter & Gamble
- Ventura County Office of Education
If you have any questions, concerns or would like to confirm your participation, please contact Lora Kline at Lora.Kline@vcunitedway.org