Report To: Vice President, Finance & Administration
Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Permanent
Date Revised: June 16, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 15, 2017
Cover Letter Required
POSITION SUMMARY: This position serves as support to the VP, Finance & Administration. Works closely with and provides data entry related transactions and reports for campaign accounts administered by the Resource Development Department. Monitors all cash activity and daily logs as well as petty cash.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable – invoice entry, check processing, filing (adjustments as needed); maintain vendor W-9s; and, prepare end of year 1099 vendor list
- Accounts Receivable – cash receipts coding and application including research of EFT’s and other campaign payments (adjustments as needed); maintain daily cash spreadsheet; process credit cards, process daily deposit, reconcile receipts for month end close; and, end of year tax letters
- Campaigns – pledge audit and entry including gathering and verification of results received; maintain pledge results log; and, run monthly unapplied payment report for campaign staff (review and adjust as needed)
- Quarterly payouts – run designation reports and process checks; run acknowledgement to agencies report; manage Patriot Act forms; and, maintain designation agencies
- Communicate with/advise campaign staff on pledge processing and Andar questions
- Maintain various account reconciliation spreadsheets for month end reports
- Manage petty cash
- Prepare invoices for VITA and AmeriCorps
- Import budget into MIP
- Assist with fiscal year end audit
- Answer phones and other duties as assigned
Associate Degree in related field.
Minimum three years experience in accounting transactions and general ledger bookkeeping, data entry, excel experience mandatory. MIP and Andar experience a plus.
Demonstrated ability to use 10-key by touch and use computer proficiently. Good telephone inquiry skills. Intermediate excel and data base management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (sitting, standing, lifting, etc.)
- Sedentary activity for up to 8 hours per day
- Lifting and carrying of materials no more than 40 lbs
- Occasional walking or standing is required
- The hands are used regularly to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls or objects
- Drive for job